Church of St. Demetrios Katsouris on Plisii
The Church of St. Demetrios Katsouris on Plisii (Αγίου Δημητρίου Κατσούρη Πλησιών) is located southwest of Arta and is one of the oldest churches of the area. It has a cross-in-square plan with a large dome. It was the katholikon of a monastery and has a bell tower in front of its narthex. While the church was perhaps constructed in the 9th century, its name was first mentioned in 1229 and probably refers to its founder or some responsible for restoring it.
Map of Byzantine Arta
Byzantine Architecture by Cyril Mango
Early Christian and Byzantine Architecture by Richard Krautheimer
Oxford Dictionary of Byzantium edited by Alexander Kazhdan